Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rich dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

                       "who controls the past controls the future, who controls the present controls the past" Robert Kiyosaki

I came across this book which striked me after reading few pages of it, i still do not know who is robert kyosaki but hurd he is a very rich man. From what i understood he had two dads one with poor mentality and the other with rich mentality both were highly educated. here is some highlights of what i read :


one dad would say, "The love of money is the root of all evil." The other, "The lack of money is the root of all evil."


For example, one dad had a habit of saying, "I can't afford it." The other dad forbade those words to be used. He insisted I say, "How can I afford it?" One is a statement, and the other is a question. One lets you off the hook, and the other forces you to think


Proper physical exercise increases your chances for health, and proper mental exercise increases your chances for wealth


One dad thought that the rich should pay more in taxes to take care of those less fortunate. The other said, "Taxes punish those who produce and reward those who don't produce."


One dad recommended, "Study hard so you can find a good company to work for." The other recommended, "Study hard so you can find a good company to buy."


One dad said, "The reason I'm not rich is because I have you kids." The other said, "The reason I must be rich is because I have you kids."


One encouraged talking about money and business at the dinner ,table. The other forbade the subject of money to be discussed over a meal.


One said, "When it comes to money, play it safe, don't take risks." The other said, "Learn to manage risk."


One believed, "Our home is our largest investment and our greatest asset." The other believed, "My house is a liability, and if your house is your largest investment, you're in trouble."

Both dads paid their bills on time, yet one paid his bills first while the other paid his bills last.


One dad taught me how to write an impressive resume so I could find a good job. The other taught me how to write strong business and financial plans so I could create jobs.


one dad said "I will never be rich" other said "I'm a rich man, and rich people don't do this." Even when he was flat broke after a major financial setback, he continued to refer to himself as a rich man. He would cover himself by saying, "There is a difference between being poor and being broke. - Broke is temporary, and poor is eternal."


My poor dad would also say, "I'm not interested in money," or "Money doesn't matter." My rich dad always said, "Money is power."


One wanted me to study hard, earn a degree and get a good job to work for money. He wanted me to study to become a professional, an attorney or an accountant or to go to business school for my MBA. The other encouraged me to study to be rich, to understand how money works and to learn how to have it work for me. "I don't work for money!" were words he would repeat over and over, "Money works for me!"


comment

Post a Comment